Education today is varied with many features that add up to define its meaning. Education today does not only mean studying in a conventional manner: books, pens, pencils, scale, etc.; it is an institution that helps a student’s all-round growth and development.
What are the different types of education in today’s times?
- Formal education: one that teaches students in a conventional manner of going to schools and learning.
- Non-formal education: one that involves in-formal methods of teaching. Non-governmental institutions (NGOs) are ones that are majorly involved in this form of education.
- Correspondence/distance education: a form of education that deals with students taking up a course and without attending regular classes, sitting for an exam at their own preferred centers which again are chosen from a list of the educational centers of the university.
- Online education: similar to correspondence/distance education, where virtual classes take place of the real classrooms. Lessons, assessments, assignments, case studies, etc. all take place through internet.
- Safety education: an education that involves training of students for their self defense.
These are a few different types of education in today’s times.