Ten-twenty years from now, school meant a 4-5 hours learning of various subjects. Things have changed now-a-days. Schooling is not merely restricted to learning of different subjects. Schooling today involves a total care of the child.
The various aspects of schooling today are:
- Teaching of various subjects like English, math, social studies, etc.
- Co-curricular activities.
- Foreign languages as choice subjects.
- Inter-school competitions.
- Extra classes after school.
- Role of dietitian: helping parents with a guidance of which food is good and healthy for their child.
- Attending different camps.
- National/international study tours.
- A chance for students to collaborate with students from other universities across the globe.
- Internship opportunities.
- Counseling which includes career counseling and guidance as well.
- Talent hunts.
The list is not at all exhaustible. There are many more aspects to schooling in today’s times. But, what is commendable is the shape that schooling process has developed into. Today, you send your child to a school and see your child come home with knowledge not merely restricted to a few subjects, it’s larger!